Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Simple is Better

Every month or so, I reinvent our meal plan.  Last week it was to simplify the plan drastically.  So much less thinking involved for me.  So much more freedom for the children.  It actually mirrors changes made in our homeschool.
For breakfast, it's fruit, of course.  Orange juice if I get that done before 9 am.  Lunch contains vegetables and fat.  Afternoon snack is fruit of choice.  Dinner is vegetables and whole grains.  That's the basics.  Nothing is required eating.  Fruit is always an option, and we have lots out and available for little hands.
Speaking of small children, I'm opting for buying small fruits.  I'm tired of finding half eaten huge apples all over the house (despite the "no food outside the kitchen" rule).

No comments:

Post a Comment