Friday, March 5, 2010

Fruit by the case

This is what our fruit counter looked like this morning.  Two kinds of apples, oranges, bananas, cherry tomatoes, and pineapples.  Also shown is the dehydrator in the microwave spot, a bag of walnuts, and a container of almonds.
The banana basket and the orange basket get refilled about once a day.  That's 6-8 bunches of bananas.
I went to the store today and picked up two more cases of bananas.  It's hilarious, the comments I get from people, about pet monkeys and such.
I also took request from the family, and bought what they wanted:
Lyman (husband) - nectarines (he asked for peaches, best I could do)
DJ (9 yrs old) - strawberries
Gwen (7 yrs old) - pineapple
William (5 yrs old) - mango
Amanda (2 1/2 yrs old) - avocado
I am so grateful to live in this day and age where we can get such lovely, organic produce, even in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment