Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bananas, anyone?

I ordered three cases (40 lbs each) of bananas.  Two of them were supposed to be green.  But they all came in yellow.  Looks like it's time for a visit to Monkey Island!  My husband and I are going to have a contest to see who can eat the most bananas each day.  My goal is at least 30! 
In other news, my hair color is getting lighter, or shinier or something.  It looks different, in a very good way.

Post Edit:  Nutritional Info on Bananas from Nutrition Data
1 banana = 100g, according to my kitchen scale
30 bananas = 2660 calories / 2480 from carbs / 82 grams of fat / 110 grams of protein
93% calories from carbohydrate / 3% from fat / 4% from protein
RDA%
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 440%
Vitamin B6 560%


1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm . . . I feel some banana crepes coming on. Have you tried them? There's a recipe at GoneRaw.com that looks yummy, (http://goneraw.com/node/10118) and I'm going to try it today with our bananas that need using up.

    I've also heard that if you take them apart from their bunches, they ripen more slowly.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete