Saturday, March 6, 2010

Listening to your body

More important than following an ideology is listening to your own body.  Yesterday, we were eating a big bowl of pineapple and my tongue started hurting like it had been burned.  I tried to eat more, but it hurt my whole month.  So, I stopped. 
Later, the image of an english cucumber came into my mind.  I grabbed one and ate it, sharing with my two-year-old.
My family is not 100% raw, and I made them a cooked dinner.  My body wanted that dinner!  I made a smoothie first, of bananas and blueberries and greens, to try to satisfy my hunger.  But it didn't work.  The smoothie tasted horrible to me and I could only finish half of it.  I tried eating tomatoes, and they burned my mouth like the pineapple did.
My body did not want anymore fruit.  Blaspheme?  No.
I have an almost five-month-old baby who is showing some signs of detox.  I think that I had to eat cooked food to slow down his detox, because he was having a rough time of it. 
I prayed about what to eat, because that's what I do, and I felt peaceful about eating the dinner I made for my family.  I still do, no regrets.
Am I back on the fruit train this morning?  Absolutely!  I'm going to try the Green Star Juicer to make orange juice.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment