Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Attempts at Healthier Diet

About ten years ago, I saw a celebrity on a talk show promoting her health makeover book.  I was impressed, bought the book, and tried the diet.  The plan called for fruit in the morning; one apple, one orange, and 1/2 a grapefruit.  No wonder I quit after just a few days, I was starving! 
I think I've overcome the conditioning that it is somehow gluttonous to eat a ton of fruit.  I don't mind eating my fill of bananas! 
Actually, I drink a lot of smoothies, as that's easier for me with a baby in arms.  My current "recipe" is:
1 1/2 cups water
7 bananas
5 romaine lettuce leaves
2 stalks celery
1 1/2 cups frozen fruit (blueberries, mangos, peaches, or whatever)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome smoothie--would not have thought to put celery in it, but I am anxious to try it.

    I am amazed--I can feel in each entry that you are really doing it! Keep up the awesome, inspiring work you are doing, and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete