Friday, March 5, 2010

Here I Go!

Last December, I was reading in Green For Life, by Victoria Boutenko, about Clent Manich and his incredible weight-loss with green smoothies.  I knew it was time for me to give this a whole-hearted effort.  I also had been inspired by Annalise at Pulling Daisies and bought a copy of 80/10/10 by Dr. Douglas Graham.  Since December, I've been increasing my fruit consumption, decreasing my fat, and sometimes even going a couple of days all raw.
Well, now that I'm going public with it, it's for real.  No more excuses.  I have a whole life to live, and I want to live it to the fullest! 
I love what Victoria says in 12 Steps to Raw about how raw is not the goal, it is the means to the goal.  My primary goal is to have more children, as many as God wants to send me.  AND, I want to be the best mother I can be, patient, cheerful, loving, and energetic.  I know that eating a low-fat raw diet will help tremendously.  I know how happy and peaceful I feel when I eat that way for a few days, and I can't wait to see what it's like after a few weeks! 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the fruit world Jennifer. I truly hope you succeed!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    I found your blog linked at Pulling Daisies, and thought I'd come by and see. :o) I'm also an LDS raw mom, and it's an interesting journey, isn't it? You can read a post about some of my experiences here, if you'd like. I've only been raw for a little over three months, but the improvement in my very broken health is miraculous. I'll be 34 in a few months, and also have five children and one awesome husband.

    Welcome to the ranks of "gone public" raw foodists, and I hope that you enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete